The residency provides hospitality as follows:
- transportation from Athens to the residency and back.
- housing and food supplies during the course of the residency
- transportation to all the sites visited as part of the residency
- an additional stipend of 200 Euros
Accommodation is organized as follows:
- rooms & bathrooms at the residency are shared
- cooking and cleaning the house during our stay is undertaken collectively according to a rota (organizing what tasks people are expected to do on what day)
Access to technology:
- residents should bring their own equipment (instruments & computers etc.)
- the residency takes place in a remote region of Greece, with limited ability to obtain tech/electronic materials while we are there – it is far easier to get in the area a bail of wire, or a piece of pipe then a semi-conductor or an obscure battery!
- for this reason residents should check in advance concerning what materials will be available, and what they will need to bring.
- No Internet access at the House.
- while there are few expenses the residents need to consider while at the residency, it is worth having some funds for trips to local cafes and the like.
- calculate approximately 5-10 euros a day for such incidentals. Your stipend will more than cover this.
Transportation to and from Athens:
- the residency does not provide transportation to and from Athens
- residents are responsible for arranging this themselves
Please submit the following materials to the online application link
- A completed application form
- A personal statement detailing why you wish to participate (which should address the 2017 residency theme)
- A small sample of your individual work (site, demo, pictures etc.)
- Your C.V.